Who Benefits from the Alexander Technique?
People of all ages, professions, and cultural backgrounds use the Alexander Technique to improve their well-being and lifestyle. Performing artists use it to improve performance skills, the quality of their practice, and to heal or avoid injuries. Since the Technique improves our general functioning it is applicable to any activity. While originally best known within the acting community, the Technique quickly became popular for people seeking to improve their health. Since a general improvement in health and functioning has a positive effect on many specific ailments, the Technique is truly for anyone who is willing to take responsibility for themselves.
Some of the benefits of the Alexander Technique
- Improve your poise, presence and coordination
- Prevent and rehabilitate injuries
- Relieve back, joint and muscle pain
- Achieve ease and grace in physical activities
- Cultivate effective body language and increase your confidence
- Develop a healthy response to stress
- Increase your vitality and acquire an overall sense of well-being